Tuesday, September 04, 2012

#111. or, A funny thing happened, and then I got published.

 So, here's some exciting news that I've been sitting on for that last few months. I'm in a book now. What's that? you didn't hear that? I'll tell you again. I HAVE STORIES IN A FREAKIN BOOK!

  This book!




  And because I'm completely inept, and am not sure if I've properly linked the picture to the page you need to go to find out all about it, this link will take you there.

  So, here's the poop. In the beginning of summer, a couple of my good friends Pish Posh and Gloria, from A Bozo's Abbozzo, came up with the idea to start up their own company to put out this book to highlight a handful of bloggers. For some reason, they decided that I was one of the bloggers that they would like to be in this book.

  (Alright, here's a little secret. My wife bought up this book as soon as it became available on her Kindle. I've read some of my way through and I feel like I'm a little out of my league here. There's a lot of talented writers in this book. It's quite humbling to be in the company of these people, and it was an honour to be asked to take part in this project. Thanks to everyone involved. Hope I didn't let you down.)

  Here's a list of everyone involved and links to their blogs.

Dogs on Drugs
Mayor Gia
Whoa! Susannah
Leanne Moffat
One Day I'll be That Guy
Brett Minor
Rusty Hartup
Working Dan
Six Fingered Monkey
Incoherent Ramblings of a Moose
Mike Young
Misty's Laws
Rev Biou
Creative Devolution
Gloria
Pish Posh


  Anyways, This book is a compilation of  untold stories from a group of writers and artists that you should really get to know a little better. For now, it's only available on Kindle. Eventually, it will be out in other formats and possibly even in an actual book form. If you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free app onto your iphone,  ipad, or onto your PC. It's also so freakin affordable at $2.99, that it would be a shame not to pick up a copy of your own.

 You can go directly to Amazon by following this link. If you do, don't be afraid to go back and leave some positive feedback on the Amazon site. If this book does well, there will be a second volume, and that's pretty awesome too.

37 comments:

  1. Congrats Ken! P.S. I sort of feel the same way! Humbled and outta my league!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne, but you don't need to feel that way. I love what you write, you always leave me laughing. And now thinking about hats. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats SuperKen! So many people I "know" in this book, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin. It was rather fun waiting for all of this to come together. So happy to be a part of it.

      Oh, I'm not all that super.

      Delete
  3. I haven't got my copy yet, so it's hard to say if I feel out of my league yet or not. Although going by the list of those involved, I do feel humbled.

    I'm getting my copy as soon as I get home from work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Dan, I've only read your story about your dog. I liked that one a lot. You have a ton of talent Dan, you belong in the book.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's awesome! I hope it comes out in hardcover so you can have a copy for your mantel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm secretly hoping that happens as well. Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  5. I downloaded it last night, but only read my story so far. You know how it goes... I plan on reading it cover-to-cover (screen-to-screen) by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it goes. I didn't even really know how to work my wife's kindle so I had to get her to pull up my stories so I could see what they looked like on there. I plan to get into it from the beginning as soon as she's done with it.

      Delete
    2. They looked awesome! You guys did a terrific job! :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, you're a published author, now! And none of this nonsense about being out of your league. I bought it yesterday and read all my favorite authors first, which includes you, and your stories were wonderful! I particularly liked the one about your honeymoon :)

    Be proud, you fully earned the right to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kianwi. I can't begin to tell you how happy you're making me by telling me that I'm in your favorites. Now you have me smiling here.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Ken. I'll be sure to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen, I am sure you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  8. I just bought it and tweeted about it. I am so excited for all of you guys! I am literally doing a happy dance for all of you (albeit a bit slowed down). This is just so freakin' awesome, Ken!!! I can't wait to read it and please, encourage people to do feedback...I hear it helps tons..Congrats to you and all the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elsie! You just go ahead and dance it up like no body is watching you. I'll do the same from this end. ;)

      I hope people do leave feedback. I'd like it to be successful enough that there can be a 2nd volume highlighting all my talented friends.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic! Congratulations, Ken! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina, it's pretty exciting times. :)

      Delete
  10. So, iphone, but my Android, too? That would be awesome. Eventually I'll have it in some format or other. Thanks for the list and links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! At least I'm pretty sure it's available for Andriod. I know there's a Blackberry app but it only works if you live in the US. Which sucks for me. Anyways, I'm sure Andriod has an app as well.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Reanna. (I even swear in one story!) ;)

      Delete
  12. Don't doubt yourself dude. I've read your articles and your writing is warm, friendly, and just excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations, I certainly know how happy you feel. It is an awesome feeling.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rusty. I wish I could say I've already read your stories but my wife hasn't let me get my hands on her kindle just yet. She's still reading her way though the book.

      It is an awesome feeling. I'm glad to be in the company of the likes of you. :)

      Delete
    3. Rusty's stories are delightful! I really like the humor and sweetness in both your sets of stories!!

      Delete
    4. I haven't read many yet. Leanne's about the hats is awesome! I know my wife has been laughing into tears a few times now. I can't wait to dig into it.

      Delete
  13. Don't be silly. Your stories are great. Even better than I'd hoped!! :)

    The print version will come, I promise!!

    Like the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pish! When the print version comes, I'm probably going to buy a box full, just to hand out to strangers and tell them that I'm in it. :)

      Thanks also about the new look. One day I'll get it just right.

      I wish there was something I could do to thank you better.

      Delete
  14. Today has been great. Every time someone asked how my Labor Day was, I reply, "Well, my book came out. So, it was pretty good."

    I haven't gotten to read it yet, but there are a lot of talented people in it, so I can't wait to dig into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MAN! That's a good line. I wish I would have thought to use it. Now I have to wait for the next time someone asks me to be in their book to use it.

      Delete
  15. Guess what I just downloaded to my ipad/Kindle??? :) Can't wait to read it and again, SO PROUD OF YA!!! You definitely DO have a style - it's called the style of Ken and you ROCK IT!!! Keep it up, be you and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you so much Carrie!

      Both for your kind words as well as picking up the book. I guess if anybody is going to rock the style of Ken, it had better be me. Or I should at least make a good effort at it.

      I hadn't actually considered celebrating. Maybe a little party might be in order?

      Delete
  16. WHAT! I didn't know you were one of the writers!! I'm buying it tomorrow (this was my plan before I knew you were a contributor). Now I'm even more stoked to read it!

    Awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Although I'm not sure my contribution should make you all that much more excited. :)

      Delete