Sunday, December 08, 2019

#207. or, Twisted.

So.

We're having ground beans coffee cause it's the weekend and all, and of course I'm having Baileys in it, and I don't need to explain this to you, because, well...Baileys.
It goes without saying, we have the giant liter and 3/4's bottle cause why would you even waste your time with anything smaller?

But.

The disconcerting thing about all of this is that the giant liter and 3/4's bottle has a larger neck that, because of it's massive size and ability to deliver copious amounts of it's creamy alcoholy delightfulness to my freshly ground beans coffee in an expedient manner, has a cap that requires an extra half a turn to put on and remove.
It's the wrong amount of twists. It's the amount of twists reserved for something mundane. Like a jar of pickles, craft buttons, or Chubby Checker. Sorry, Chubby Checker certainly is not mundane. I got carried away.

Definitely a half a twist too many for my breakfast alcohol.

Anyways, I just needed to tell someone. Get it off my chest, as it were. There should be better way to deal with excessive twists. Until I figure it out,

..........I'll just have to put a cork in it. 


Sorry about the odd formatting, I haven't done this in a while. 


3 comments:

  1. KEN, YOU SON OF A GUN! I'd almost given up hope that you would post again. But here you are -- HOORAY! If what it takes to get you posting your writing again is a super big bottle of Bailey's, then I say Gawd Bless Bailey's Irish Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! That was funny. I've missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this when it happened and I agree about odd amounts of twisting. I was afraid this was turning into a heartbreaking but commonly told story about not putting the cap on tightly and laying the bottle on its side in your underwear drawer and then having to wring out your underwear into your freshly ground beans coffee.

    ReplyDelete