Today, i hit that milestone, put all the names into the draw and selected the winner. The name of the person selected is...........oh wait, i have a couple other things to take care of first!
More awards! For some unknown reason, people keep passing awards onto me. The thing about awards is that they come with duties to take care of in order to claim them. I really should take care of that first.
The first one is from my dear friend Pish Posh. (who i always seem to be gushing about) From her, I received this. You can read about that here.
I can't say enough about Pish Posh. She is one of the best friends that anyone could have in the blog world as well as out there, where the real stuff happens. She is so supportive of other bloggers and I've made so many connections through her that I am quite certain I'd still be way back at around 1000 views if I hadn't gotten to know her. Thank you Pish, you've become a wonderful friend.
The rules for this award are to list 7 random facts about yourself and pass it on to 10 other bloggers.
SEVEN RANDOM FACTS:
1. I'm only 5 foot 8 inches tall. I wish i was taller.
2. Of all the questions asked, there is only one left unanswered. It's from Josie 2 Shoes and it has me stumped. I'm still working on it. Sorry Josie, I haven't forgotten about you.
3. I may be addicted to my new phone?
4. Sometimes I wish I had an anonymous blog so I could vent about some things I can't......because I'm not.
5. I've entered the DudeWrite competition twice now, and reading the stuff some of those guys write, I may be way out of my league in that thing.
6. I'm probably going to try again next week.
7. My "suit of awesome" isn't actually as awesome as it makes me feel awesome when I'm wearing it.
I will do the passing on of awards later in this post.
Do you know what this is?
It's the box that I put all the names into so I could make the draw! Also, I probably should have dusted it off before I took that picture. I'll get back to that later.
The other award that I've received is from Becky at Just Passing Through. . I've only recently become aquainted with her but have quickly found myself looking forward to her posts. Thanks so much Becky!
She has seen fit to give me this:
The rules regarding this are as follows:
1. Post the rules up on your blog.
2. Name 5 of your most fabulous moments. (either in real life or the blogosphere.)
3. Name 5 things you love.
4. Name 5 things you hate.
5. Pass the ribbon on to 5 other bloggers.
As the rules are up, on to #2:
5 MOST FABULOUS MOMENTS. (these will be regarding this blog.)
1. Hitting 10 000 blog views.
2. Hitting publish on post #1.
3. EVERY TIME someone new follows me.
4. Getting my first comment on a post.
5. Realizing that this isn't just me telling stories but it's a community that looks out and supports each other.
5 THINGS I LOVE. (in no particular order, other that #1.)
1. My wife and kids.
5. Date nights.
5 THINGS I HATE.
1. Half assing a job.
2. People who drive like idiots.
3. Hitting the city at rush hour.
4. Having to charge my phone half way through the day.
5. When Blogger gives me grief and I have so much trouble opening things and posting.
And who shall I pass these awards on to? Ten deserving choices for The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.
1. Lady in Red at A Bozo's Abbozzo
2. Becky at Just Passing Through
3. Holly at A holly With Follies
4. Carrie at Hammock in the Honeysuckle
5. Robin at Thoughts and Reflection
6. Red at Doesn't Speak Klingon
7. Brett at The Transformed Non-Conformist
8. Heather at Stretching My Wings
9. Squirrel at The Squirrel and His Nuts
10. Kianwi at Simply She Goes
The five for The Fabulous Blog Ribbon Award.
1. Josie at Two Shoes in Texas
2. Dan at WorkingDan
3. Reanna at Rock The Single Life
4. Pish Posh at Pish Posh
5. Joelle at J is For Joelle
OK, that's a lot of passing on of awards. I know some of you don't participate in these things. I'm not expecting you to go out of your way to do this. I just want to recognize some of the friends that I've made here. If your aren't on the list, please don't be offended. Some of you I'm just getting to know, Some of you I just didn't have room for. It's not an exaggeration to say that a month ago, i couldn't have tagged so many friends. I thank you all for supporting me.
Now, there's only one final piece of business to take care of. I need to give away a tractor. Thank You all again for all the wonderful questions and comments. I wasn't really sure if this would even work but i think it did. Hopefully, it helped you to get to know me a little bit better. I know it inspired a few posts for me to write in the future. I hope that you continue to stick around. So, without any further blathering on my part. The winner of the tractor is:
|Carrie at Hammock in the Honeysuckle|
One more thing, you get this video because it made me smile. I hope it does you as well.