Thursday, January 19, 2012

#20. or, whats up with that?

  I don't know what it is, but it's a little embarrassing. It might just be that it's deep into the middle of winter during the coldest stretch in a couple years? Perhaps it was the plethora of fruity tropical drinks that i indulged in over last weeks holidays? Maybe i'm sympathetically somehow getting in sync with my wife's monthly gift? I don't know what it is but i find it a little disturbing.

  During lunch yesterday, the movie Secretariat was on. You know, the triple crown winner horse movie? Anyways, in the final race scene, where he (the horse) wins his final race handily to win the triple crown, i found myself getting all weepy. What's up with that? I mean, i'm a manly man! I drink Scotch, smoke cigars, and like to look at women's boobs and things! I shouldn't be tearing up over an inspirational horse movie?

  Now, i realize i am in middle age denial. I have taken a concerted effort to cling to the fleeting vestiges of whatever remains of my youth. I am actually having a lot more fun that i had, say, 10 years ago.  It's just that i was preparing myself to be the "Hey you kids, get the hell off my lawn!" guy. Now i'm worried that i might turn into "Hey you kids, bring me that cute puppy to snuggle." guy. That is something that i had not prepared myself for.

  So, in an effort to curb this disturbing trend, i think that i might go out and rotate the tires on my truck or something equally manly. Maybe i'll watch 300 again today? I hope my wife doesn't decide to bring home a chick flick.

..........i had actually considered saying something about doing some testosterone shots, but then my mind wandered into a terrible place so i decided against it.

  (you might have noticed i added a picture of myself that isn't particularly farmy. truthfully, i don't actually have one yet. This will have to do until i can get one of myself not all bundled up in my winter attire.)

No comments:

Post a Comment